Friday, June 3, 2011

Help my car engine started shaking after changing alternator bearing?

i have 1994 suzuki swift 1.0L a few days ago my car alternator bearing jammed and the engine stop working (stalled) then the bearing was replaced by a qualifed mechanic but after that my car engine was shaking at idle like its not properly tuned i assure u before this incidence


its working perfect could you tell me the reason of this issue, i%26#039;ll be thankful to you :)|||I don%26#039;t know what you mean by the alternator bearing jammed and the engine stalled. Most times the alternator bearing will just start making a lot of noise and that%26#039;s all, and if it did jam, that would only stop the alternator and not stall the car.


The mechanic would have to explain how he replaced an alternator bearing. Alternators are sold new or rebuilt and I%26#039;ve never heard of replacing the alternator bearing.


Finally, if it%26#039;s a timing problem, that%26#039;s part of the tune-up to figure that out.|||If the belt shredded I%26#039;d bet it pulled a sensor wire or vacuum line off. Or the mechanic might have inadvertently knocked something loose, easy to do and unfortunately it happens once in a while even to the best of us. Other than that the only thing I can think of is the possibility that you overheated it by driving with the belt stuck and the coolant not circulating. I hate to say head gasket but that could do it too. I hope it%26#039;s the simple fix.