Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Is my alternator (cheapest one) in trouble with a 1200W amp?

i just recently changed my alternator. i let my cousin fix it for me. knowing him, he probably skimped and went for the cheapest alternator you can get. this being on the back of my mind i cant help but wonder if my 1200w max amplifier will affect my alternator. does it get affected at all. Honda C-RV 1999 is my vehicle. Thanks in advance
Is my alternator (cheapest one) in trouble with a 1200W amp?
You should have at least a 100-amp alt. with anything over 1000-watts, the stock one will be stressed some and just have to work a little harder. Just do not crank the music a lot with out the car running, then the alt has to do over time when you start it and still have it cranked and it having to charge the battery at the same time. Next time it goes, if it goes, get the 100-amp alt. Good Luck.