Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What can cause my alternator not charge so my windows can go up?

i changed the alternator and the battery checked all fuses
What can cause my alternator not charge so my windows can go up?
Sorry, my friend,but this certainly does not seem to like a battery

or alternator problem to me.

Sounds more like an elec.supply issue to the switch or a faulty

switch.Maybeso a faulty motor or perhaps the motor is hung.

Here's some hi-tech checks for you to isolate the problem:

1) After dark or in a darkened garage,turn off ALL switches in

the passenger compartment (a/c,radio.blower motor,etc.)

2)Turn ON the dome light

3)Engine off/ignition on,while observing the dome light,engage

the drivers window control

If you have power up TO the switch,the dome light should

dim even SLIGHTLY.If the light does NOT dim,then you're

not getting elec. to the switch.

4)Still with me?

5)Assuming that you have elec.to the switch,try all the win-

dow controls.

6)If NONE of them work then you've established that the

problem is NOT a hung motor %26amp; IS the master switch.

7)If you only have a hung motor,try giving the door panel

a few good %26quot;thumps%26quot; with the back of your fist in the

widest part of the door,usually in the area of the door

pull cup.(that's where car mfg.s usually locate the motor)

This often works.

Trust me,while these simple checks may sound really primitive,

they've always worked like a charm for me over the yrs.Beats

the he** out of pulling your hair out.

My money is on the switch,tho.It may only have gotten gummed

up with age or having had something spilled inside of it.Try something like CRC elec. cleaner but make sure that it's SAFE

to use on ALL switches.

Hope this helps %26amp; good luck to you.
What can cause my alternator not charge so my windows can go up?
Are you sure it's not the window motor or the switch?
if you are positive the window motor is good and has prop[er connections including ground check cables and connections at alternator-battery and starter