Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My car didn't do this until I changed my alternator and ac belt!?

My car starts but is slugghish then dies not right away? I just changed my belt for the ac and alternator. Please help?
My car didn't do this until I changed my alternator and ac belt!?
Holy smokes do I have to hold you down on the ground to try to get some info out of you. Please let us know what kind of car or lawn mower or airplane this is , year , model, size engine, your shoe size. You want help give us the goods.
My car didn't do this until I changed my alternator and ac belt!?
Look for a loose or disconnected vacuum hose around where you worked. This will make it idle like that.
check ur alternator connections. make sure they are clean and tight. and second of all check and make sure they gave u the rite size belt. and ur ac belt is ur serpentine belt. it allows ur accessories to work. alternator. power steering pump, ac, and if u get it running check and make sure battery lite isnt on. cuz maybe ur battery lite isnt getting charged. or test the batter y make sure its holding volts. otherwise u need new batt. or at the worst they gave u a defective alt. but i dont think thats the case. also make sure u made sure all ur batt posts are clean and tight.
Weak tensioner

Belt off center

Not connected to alternator pulley

Alternator shot