Tuesday, October 25, 2011

VW golf. I changed my alternator and the emergency lights are not blinking nor the turning signals. Why?? :(?

Hello everyone. I changed my alternator this morning and now my turning signals are not working nor the emergency lights, but what is so weird about it is that the Button for the emergency lights is red and it stays red which maybe means that there is current. I don't know :) and also the trunk won't open when I press the button. Please if you know what is wrong with it please, please let me know. Thanks!!
VW golf. I changed my alternator and the emergency lights are not blinking nor the turning signals. Why?? :(?
you either blew a fuse or the relay is shot. try replacing the fuse first with the correct amp fuse. if that doesn't work change the relay. If that doesn't work have a mechanic check the switch on the steering column.
VW golf. I changed my alternator and the emergency lights are not blinking nor the turning signals. Why?? :(?
Make sure that you have the battery connections on tight, and that you didn't leave a wire off.



Then replace the fuse that is blown. As if you didn't disconnect the battery first before you changed the alternator you probably blew a fuse.